- Effectively support the process and use of evidence, as well as gathering and investigating data from Post Occupancy Evaluation studies, ‘Buildings in Use’ assessments and Building Performance Evaluations;
- Be an ‘expert critical friend’ to operation delivery teams, including Project Directors, Project Managers, and Technical/Cost/ICT Advisors, providing timely and accurate advice on standards, design, and quality;
- Research best practice in the construction industry to support the development of standards and specifications in school and college buildings and grounds;
- Understand the complexity of school and/or the Post-16 FE estate, including for example: space utilisation, net capacity assessments, procurement, building regulations, sustainability, digitisation and other design and building requirements to support outstanding outcomes for the end users
- Work with schools and/or colleges, and senior internal and external stakeholders to ensure that projects will meet DfE technical standards from policy through briefing to delivery to use;
- Attend visits to schools or colleges as required for project and strategic site assessments.
- Understand the procurement, economic and policy context to offer sound advice based on making informed, evidence-based decisions supporting the DfE’s role as an expert client.
- A relevant construction related professional or technical qualification to degree or post graduate level (e.g. Building Surveying, Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying etc.).
- Have the experience, knowledge and ability to develop, understand and apply the technical and quality requirements to deliver safe, functional and efficient school and college buildings and grounds which support positive educational and operational outcomes.
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, GB
Application Deadline: N/A