Citigroup Careers – AVP, Compliance Sanctions
Serves as a compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes related to monitoring and fostering awareness of sanctions regulatory requirements that Citi must comply with; assessing related sanctions risk exposure, overseeing the quality of sanctions control processes and setting global standards to manage and mitigate those sanctions risks and protect the franchise. In addition, provides support for the collation of potential breaches of sanctions from across the firm and works with contacts in the Business and Compliance to ensure consistent and effective application and implementation of, and controls to evidence adherence to, relevant sanctions related global standards, policies and procedures.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Global Sanctions Policy and relevant procedures; staying current on key Sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends.
- Overseeing adherence to procedures and processes, to ensure compliance with policies ensuring that front line units meet required standards.
- Interacting with relevant teams to raise awareness of Sanctions trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program.
- Supporting efforts in connection Internal Audit and functional regulators in Program exams and evaluations; tracks and challenges remedial actions from the front line units.
- Drafting and editing sanctions-related reference materials; support the various electronic record-keeping logs for sanctions licenses, voluntary disclosures; subpoenas etc.; participate in sanctions training programs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Supporting a specialized team of Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) officers responsible for program execution activities.
- Contributing to the design and maintenance of a comprehensive written ICRM Sanctions Framework (standards and policies).
- Partnering with functional partners and key stakeholders – regionally and globally, as applicable, to ensure potential risks are identified during due diligence, or escalated on an ad hoc basis, are appropriately vetted and addressed. Identifying and escalating to the Chief Sanctions Officer material risks and significant instances of not adherence to the Framework by accountable front line units; directs investigations in coordination with GIU, CSIS, Legal, HR, or as appropriate.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England
Application Deadline: N/A