If you’re looking to use strong analytical and math skills in a competitive, fast-paced environment, a Risk Management Underwriting career at Cigna will allow you to do all this and more. Underwriters evaluate the risk of insuring a potential Cigna customer and use that information to set premium rates for insurance policies. As part of our internship program, you will directly impact our business on a daily basis, protecting Cigna‘s sound financial position which enables us to meet our financial commitments to our customers.
- Cigna’s Risk Management & Underwriting Leadership Development Program (RULDP) is looking for motivated individuals to join us in the RULDP Summer Internship Program Explore. The internship is designed to further develop analytical skills and business acumen in a dynamic and flexible work environment.
- A great way to assess whether the underwriting profession in general and Cigna in particular are a good fit for you is to participate in our underwriting summer internship.
- This 10 week program from late May to early August will expose you to what life as an underwriter will be like and serves as a “two way interview”; we view the internship program as a source to identify RULDP full time talent. RULDP Explore Internship offerings:
“Real” work: you will be assigned underwriting responsibilities and make a contribution to CGI goals.
- Compensation: earn a highly competitive hourly rate in addition to gaining valuable work experience.
- Intern Project: you will be assigned a project that challenges your problem-solving and innovation skills.
- Community: you will have the opportunity for visibility with senior management as well as one-on-one learning with underwriting professionals, who will share their knowledge, experience and assume roles as individual coaches and mentors.
- Speaker series: you and your fellow interns will be exposed to a variety of lectures and presentations given by members of the Cigna community so you can get a feel for the wide array of roles that exist in the organization and how they fit together.
Qualification & Experience:
- An interest in pursuing a career in underwriting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer-centric mindset
- Ideal candidate will have completed 3 years towards a Bachelor’s degree (rising senior) in Finance, Business, Economics,
- Risk Management or related fields
- 3.0 GPA preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- High comfort level with math/numbers
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A
Popular Job Searches
- Accountant Jobs in Dubai
- Driver Jobs in Dubai
- Part Time Jobs in Dubai
- Walk in Interviews in Dubai
- Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
- Cunstomer Service Jobs in Dubai
- Online Jobs in Dubai
- Logistics Jobs in Dubai
- Data Entry Jobs in Dubai
- Sales Jobs in Dubai
- Fresher Jobs in Dubai
- Hotel Jobs in Dubai
- IT Jobs in Dubai
- Teaching Jobs in Dubai
- Store Keeper Jobs in Dubai
- Banking Jobs in Dubai
- Graphic Designer Jobs in Dubai
- Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dubai
- Computer Operator Jobs in Dubai