Job description / Role
Leadership received from (directly):
Director of Finance
Leadership received from (indirectly):
Area Director of Finance
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the “moments” business. We’re intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn’t take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
– Supervise city ledger, general ledger, guest ledger and payroll sections within the Accounting & Finance Department and ensure the proper operation of Mövenpick Hotel accounting system.
– Monitor and report on the implementation of all necessary controls in order to safeguard the assets of the hotel and to maintain records for the fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and inventories.
– To ensure that the Hotel accounting procedures apply to the standards of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and local laws & regulations.
– Deputize for the Director of Finance in his absence
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
– Supervise the day to day control system, administration, reporting system and transfer of skills in all related areas.
– Ensure that accounting transactions covering various activities of both hotels are recorded in accordance with MH&R Policies & Procedures, local regulations and laws, records are neat, clean and tidy.
– Assist the Director of Finance in all stages leading to the preparation of all monthly and annual financial reports and analysis.
– Ensure all disbursements and claims are supported by all necessary documents, processed and certified for receipt of merchandises or services both in quality, quantity and prices.
– Check the daily General Cashier report ensuring that the daily cash receipts are deposited in time on the next succeeding working day and any unusual items are immediately reported to the Director of Finance.
– Be responsible for all Inter-Hotel accounts and ensure that they correspond to MH&R standards.
– Maintain all general ledger accounts.
– Ensure that all sub-ledgers agree with general ledger.
– Check and verify all monthly journals prepared by the Accounts Staff.
– Prepare monthly journal entries as assigned.
– Post all monthly-approved journal entries.
– Prepare bank reconciliation statements for all banks.
– Assist the preparation of returns and special statistical reports as assigned by the Director of Finance
– Assist in the compilation of departmental budgets, forecasts and business plan.
– Ensure that all the journals and related financial reports are filed for future reference.
– Assist and encourage implementing and streamlining the internal control procedures covering all activities of the hotel.
– Supervise Accounting Officers in all sections, ensuring that through effective scheduling, cross training, multi skilled staff and use of technology productivity is maximized.
– Support the preparation of any statistical reports required from all sources including management, MH&R or local authorities.
– Be fully acquainted with MH&R accounting system and the edition of Uniform System of Accounts for Hospitality Industry.
– Ensure that all financial reports are submitted accurately and on time.
– Ensure smooth management of the accounting department and refer those matters that are relevant to the Director of Finance.
– Ensure all historical information is filed in a way that provides easy access, including microfilming or other storage where necessary.
– Organize vacation planning for the Finance and Accounts Department.
Planning & Organizing:
– Thinks ahead, developing contingency plans where necessary.
– Manages time and resources effectively.
– Sets and strives to achieve high personal performance standards.
– Plans, organizes and uses a systematic approach to getting things done.
– Priorities actions and manages tasks through to completion.
– Collect and analyse relevant and accurate information about a challenge, accept every change as a learning curve and find a solution to overcome every challenge.
– To ensure that all the Finance and Accounts Department is managed efficiently according to the established concept statements and adhere to Company and Hotel Policies & Procedures and Minimum Standards
– To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance daily.
– To support staff needs in other Divisions based on the hotel priorities and anticipated business levels.
– To handle guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
– Supervise that each section of the Accounting & Finance Department is managed efficiently, maximizing utilization of Technology.
– Supervise that the physical inventories of all supplies and operating equipment are being taken on a monthly and quarterly basis respectively.
– Support the implementation of all necessary controls in order to safeguard the assets of the hotel and to maintain records for the fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and inventories.
– To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually.
– To ensure that all meetings are well planned, efficient and results oriented.
– To attend daily operations briefing in the absence of the Director of Finance.
– To ensure that deadlines on all projects are met.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.