I&E Techs are proficient in I&E maintenance and construction work processes required for the safe, accurate and efficient operation of pipeline systems. They coordinate their own work and work with other team members or contractors in performing daily I&E maintenance work processes. They act on their own initiative to identify and correct workplace hazards, unsafe practices, security violations or environmental concerns. I&E Techs may act as a field team liaison with Subject Matter Experts and perform link pin or link pin type responsibilities. I&E Techs are process-oriented with a focus on results. They apply technical and business principles and use quality tools and methods to make independent decisions in performing daily work.
- Use the basic technical principles to determine the cause of pipeline system equipment problems and make the required repairs or arrange for additional diagnostic and/or repair support.
- Diagnosing and repair work on basic instrumentation and low voltage systems.
- Develop and perform routine maintenance checks.
- Perform, or direct the performance of a variety of skilled I&E work including installing, disassembling, assembling, inspecting, repairing, altering, calibrating and occasionally fabricating parts for pipeline system equipment and facilities.
- Understand Company, industry, agency and Government codes, practices, regulations and standards and obtain all necessary licenses and certificates pertaining to work performed.
- Perform routine troubleshooting and I&E maintenance repairs on assigned pipeline system equipment and facilities.
- Use drawings, blueprints, manuals and other technical references and perform arithmetic computations in the performance of daily work.
- Assist in the training and coaching of other team members in routine I&E skills associated with assigned pipeline systems.
- May coordinate the inspection, performance and documentation of facilities compliance checks, and track compliance checklists. Perform compliance inspections and participate in agency inspections.
- Assist Specialists in verifying programs and programming changes.
- Troubleshoot PLC and flow computers/Remote Terminal Units (RTU)
- Maintaining instrument software
- Assist with SCADA commissioning and issues
- Assist in communication issues management, instrumentation, control, tele-metering, and electrical systems.
- Work may include high voltage installations and repairs.
- This position requires driving on a routine basis and is subject to callouts.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A