Chevron Cefinery Jobs – Experienced Electrician
The Gulf of Mexico (GOM) Business Unit’s Deepwater Operations is accepting online applications for the position offshore Experience Electrician Technician rotating out of Galliano, Louisiana through March 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position could assume the responsibility of safely monitoring and optimizing offshore production process variables, ensuring that all production equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, and acquiring and storing data or project operations representative.
The successful candidate(s) will work on multi-skilled offshore operations teams filling roles in basic producing operations on GOM Deepwater Facilities or on a greenfield project team. Members of the offshore operations team will work on a 14 &14 or a 21&21 rotational schedule and will be expected to work both day shift and night shift during a 14 or 21 day rotation. Members of the project operations team will work a 9/80 schedule TDA located in Houston or fabrication yard. The assignments could be on any Deepwater facility including Blind Faith (Semi-submersible floating facility), New Build Anchor Project (Semi-submersible floating facility, Petronius (Compliant Tower facility), Tahiti (Spar), Genesis (Spar) Jack St. Malo (Semi-submersible floating facility) and Bigfoot (Semi-submersible floating facility).
- Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event.
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning systems
- Partner with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency.
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization.
- Assure all work performed adheres to Chevron’s Operational Excellence (OE) standards and regulatory requirements.
- Support engineering, FATs (Factory Acceptance Test), System Completions, Hook up / Commissioning and start up activities
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years recent (no more than two-year absence) electrical experience in the petroleum and/or chemical industry; or minimum of two years recent (no more than two-year absence) operations experience in the petroleum and/or chemical industry with an Associates degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher in electrical or electronic, instrumentation or petroleum technology. Or Military rank of E4 with Military
- Occupational Specialty in Instrumentation, Electrical, or related discipline.
- Ability and willingness to work a 14/14 or 21/21 offshore rotational schedule, 12 hour shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability and willingness to work a 9/80 schedule TDA located in Houston or fabrication yard.
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic instrumentation, and electrical equipment associated with process systems.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Belle Chasse, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A