Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Laboratory Technician Trainee located in Pascagoula, Mississippi through The Laboratory Technician Trainee performs testing on Refinery process samples and finished products. Utilizes prescribed methods and QC/QA protocols. Testing varies from simple methods such as density, distillation, and viscosities to more complex methods including GC, XRF, octanes, and ICP.
- Provide chemistry information, analytical testing services, instrument troubleshooting and repair, and consulting for main and process laboratories to support various groups within the refinery.
- Perform a wide variety of tests on refinery process samples and finished products per established procedures.
- Use of test methods that include simple methods such as density/gravity, color, and viscosity to more complex methods such as knock (octane) testing, automatic distillation and titration, gas chromatography, atomic absorption spectroscopy, etc.
- Checks test results against specifications. Utilizes standard Quality Control / Quality Assurance processes to insure accuracy and precision of results.
- Validates data to ensure accuracy and integrity, performs calculations, and reports test results.
- Checks and calibrates equipment, reviews test methods, and performs preventive or corrective maintenance.
- Participates in safety program which includes activities such as assessing tasks to ensure the proper preventative safeguards are in place and functioning as designed as well as documenting losses and potential losses
- These positions are responsible for 24/7 required testing on refinery process samples and finished products per established procedures.
- Familiarity with Chemical/Refining analytical testing instrumentation
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Refinery / Chemical Plant Process Operations knowledge
- Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions),
- sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. I
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related discipline, or 2 years of college-level Chemistry with 2 years of laboratory experience, or High School Diploma (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Petrochemical / Environmental / Industrial laboratory.
- Valid driver’s license
- Willing to work rotating shifts, including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Good computer skills (MS Office) and an aptitude for learning new software.
- This is a Safety Sensitive Position. Candidates must demonstrate personal commitment to Incident and Injury Free Operations with a proven track record in Safety and Reliability
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Research ,Analyst ,Information Technology
Job Location: Pascagoula, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A