Marriott International, Inc
Job Number 22116403
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Prepare special meals or substitute items. Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters. Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish. Maintain food logs. Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared. Communicate assistance needed during busy periods. Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials. Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items. Ensure the quality of the food items. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods.
Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Anticipate and address guests’ service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
- Inform Chef of any excess food items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere.
- Maintain food logs for all food products (e.g., production charts).
Sanitation and Maintenance
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitizers required by health department.
- Set-up and break down work station with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies, ensuring items are to established specs, ensuring adequate fill of containers, storing items appropriately, and cleaning station as appropriate.
- Follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures and pest control guidelines, reporting pest control issues to appropriate personnel.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance (e.g., A1, A2, A3 etc.).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as Dubai Municipality standards.
- Follow guidelines and checklists related to PIC (Person in charge)
- Support initiatives related to food safety.
- Report any guest complaints or other issues related to food safety to the Culinary management.
- Monitor stock of kitchen supplies and food to identify needed items and ensure neat and orderly storage, and communicate potential product shortages, or price changes, to supervisor/manager.
Kitchen Tools & Equipment
- Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately, including using appropriate tools to open cartons, boxes, and cans; keeping knives sharpened; using proper knife handling procedures; using correct knives for particular food item or specific task; using dry pads when moving hot material; and engaging all appropriate safety devices prior to operating equipment.
- Use measuring tools (for example, scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons) to precisely measure ingredients and portion sizes.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the day utilizing the HACCP forms and production charts.
- Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
- Prepare special meals or substitute items, where possible, to satisfy guest requests.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.