Job description / Role
Chef de Cuisine
Leadership received from (directly):
Executive Sous Chef
Leadership received from (indirectly):
CDC – Exec Pastry Chef – Outlet Managers
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the “moments” business. We’re intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn’t take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
– Fully responsible for his/her outlet kitchens.
– To uphold and promote the Mövenpick reputation with sincere, warm and enthusiastic service, ensuring guests’ satisfaction
– To assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in overseeing the kitchen and stewarding operations of the Hotel
– To interact with Food & Beverage to ensure guests receive high levels of service
– To be entrepreneurial and to think beyond the boundaries is expected and not requested
– To take the time to get to know the guest, and to be committed to service excellence
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
– The ability to utilize information on forecasts and reports to enable the planning of a smooth uninterrupted operation and service our guests; i.e. food production, purchasing & manpower planning.
– The ability to make requisitions of all items needed for the next day.
– The ability to prioritise, plan and organise your and your teams daily tasks in order to ensure on time delivery as required.
– Coordinating purchasing for the Kitchen and stewarding departments with the finance team as per the hotel procedures.
– Conduct interviews for candidates in the department in conjunction with Human Resources and prepare job descriptions.
– Daily monitoring of the Food Cost to ensure monthly targets are achieved without undermining the agreed product quality.
– Adhere to and monitor departmental operating expenses as per departmental budget and forecast.
– Review and monitor departmental work schedules, oversee that departmental payroll is in line with budgets.
– Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef with the preparation and conversion on departmental promotions calendar.
– Coordinate together with Food & Beverage Operations with changing programmes and promotions according to seasonality.
– Ensure that staff scheduling is done effectively and in line with business demands and posted seven (7) days in advance.
– Ensure all menus are accurately costed, have standard recipes and presentation photos
– All new menu items to include service staff education and tasting.
– Full compliance with local municipality HACCP standards and certification.
– In conjunction with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef look at new potential revenue streams including outside catering opportunities.
– Train and develop the kitchen and stewarding team in the departmental operating standards.
– The ability to taste and season the food appropriately and to ensure it is well presented and of the standard and quality required before serving it to the guest.
– Maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow of the kitchen operations, seeking ways to maximize and improve the operation through productivity management and energy savings programs.
– To lead and support employees in the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate employee training activities.
– Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service and to provide feedback and suggestions.
– To lead daily departmental briefings and monthly employee meetings.
– To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
– To drive the performance of the kitchen and stewarding team members, including completion of performance appraisals, coaching counselling and performance management in conjunction with Human Resources.
– Ensure all team members are aware of all F&B revenue targets as well as food cost targets, and are kept informed of performance results.
– Ensure guests are communicated with and assisted in an efficient, warm and professional manner by all team members.
– Ensure you have a presence in our outlets and interact with guests during service and ensure this is practiced by the Junior Chefs in your absence.
– To ensure a consistently high standard of grooming is followed and by self and team.
– Actively review guest comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance guest satisfaction.
– Have full knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and in the local area.
– Actively participate in guest events when requested.
– Ensure daily shift handovers are conducted in a professional and constructive manner.
– Regularly spot check duty shift checklists to ensure tasks are completed.
– Be committed to the company culture of natural enjoyment and be a role model for delighting our guests.
– Ensure at all times that workstations, fridges, freezers and preparation areas are well organised, equipped and properly maintained.
– Monitor kitchen equipment and ensure the team reports any defects to engineering immediately.
– The ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with fellow employees.
– The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
– The ability to accommodate all food servers requests imaginatively when possible regarding guest’s dietary requirements, personal preference and requests.
– The ability to handle and rotate food according to established procedures.
– The ability to maintain the work area and equipment in a safe and sanitary manner.
– The ability to maintain a positive attitude and a professional disposition.
– The ability to prepare and plate items (food orders) received from F&B staff regardless of hand-written or computer printed media in a timely and accurate manner.
– The ability to be able to be flexible to the business demands and working hours.
– The ability to turn off all equipment ensuring no safety hazard has been left behind.
– The ability to be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross training when directed.
– The ability to proactively manage complaints and notify the Executive Chef and Executive Sous chef of any problems or complaints as when they arise.
– Be aware of accident prevention and help enforce safe work habits – Zero accident is our goal.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.