Job description / Role
Chef de Cuisine
Leadership received from (directly):
Executive Sous Chef
Leadership received from (indirectly):
CDC – Exec Pastry Chef – Outlet Managers
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the “moments” business. We’re intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn’t take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
– Fully responsible for his/her outlet kitchens.
– To uphold and promote the Mövenpick reputation with sincere, warm and enthusiastic service, ensuring guests’ satisfaction
– To assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in overseeing the kitchen and stewarding operations of the Hotel
– To interact with Food & Beverage to ensure guests receive high levels of service
– To be entrepreneurial and to think beyond the boundaries is expected and not requested
– To take the time to get to know the guest, and to be committed to service excellence
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
– The ability to utilize information on forecasts and reports to enable the planning of a smooth uninterrupted operation and service our guests; i.e. food production, purchasing & manpower planning.
– The ability to make requisitions of all items needed for the next day.
– The ability to prioritise, plan and organise your and your teams daily tasks in order to ensure on time delivery as required.
– Coordinating purchasing for the Kitchen and stewarding departments with the finance team as per the hotel procedures.
– Conduct interviews for candidates in the department in conjunction with Human Resources and prepare job descriptions.
– Daily monitoring of the Food Cost to ensure monthly targets are achieved without undermining the agreed product quality.
– Adhere to and monitor departmental operating expenses as per departmental budget and forecast.
– Review and monitor departmental work schedules, oversee that departmental payroll is in line with budgets.
– Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef with the preparation and conversion on departmental promotions calendar.
– Coordinate together with Food & Beverage Operations with changing programmes and promotions according to seasonality.
– Ensure that staff scheduling is done effectively and in line with business demands and posted seven (7) days in advance.
– Ensure all menus are accurately costed, have standard recipes and presentation photos
– All new menu items to include service staff education and tasting.
– Full compliance with local municipality HACCP standards and certification.
– In conjunction with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef look at new potential revenue streams including outside catering opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.