Petrochem Middle East
Job description / Role
• This role will be fully responsible for performing/supervising all fixtures and manage the post-fixture activities for bulk vessels chartered by the Company.
• He or she will develop and maintain a system to provide the Company with up-to-date visibility of all vessels chartered.
• The Chartering Manager will keep in constant contact with brokers, owners and report regularly about actual positions, freight markets, trends and analysis.
• He or she will introduce best practice methods and or adjust existing processes accordingly.
• Responsible for all aspects of vessel chartering activities.
• Prepare freight estimates and assist with budgeting and preparation of commercial tenders.
• Monitor market conditions and rates for the industry through all appropriate means.
• Coordinate with agency and operations on all aspects of joint projects and initiate any enhancements that will influence customers’ satisfaction.
• Develop and implement chartering strategies to provide integrated services that meet company’s requirements.
• Conduct background checks on brokers and/or owners to ensure conformity with company standards.
• Prepare regular and periodic reports/reviews.
• Assist in organizing operational matters or activities as and when required.
• Maintains channels of effective communication with Sales, Traders, Logistics, Terminal, Finance, etc. and branch offices.
• Establish & enforce the proper working procedure by making proper corrective and preventive actions through the analysis and investigation of problems, feedback and complaints
• Propose and review guidelines, standard operations procedure (SOP) and key performance indicator (KPI) to monitor the team’s performance
• Make sure shipments are planned according to the agreed schedule & time frame.
• Reporting bulk liquid moves and market intelligence
• Manage the team of Chartering and Operations executives
• Networking and engaging with key external stakeholders to raise profile of the business
• Developing and contributing to key business strategy and ongoing business plan
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.