Risk Management is responsible for developing the risk frameworks to allow the Group to take conscious exposures to credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks within Board approved appetite. Risk Management ensures the Group has appropriate strategies and frameworks in place to assess, manage and report on credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks.
The Major Client Group and Commercial Banking Risk team provides specialist credit risk management support, advice and decisioning for the Major Client Group (MCG) and Commercial Banking (CB) teams within CBA Business Banking.
- Supports the development of strategic priorities and business objectives; leads special projects to advance risk management practices as needed
- Supports senior managers in establishing risk tolerance limits and developing risk management standards of practice that are consistent with industry standards. Makes high quality credit risk decisions in line with delegated Personal Credit Approval Authority.
- Develops specific industry specialisation in line with business growth objectives and portfolio concentration.
- Undertakes data analysis to monitor, measure and manage credit risk exposures. Completes high quality credit risk analysis and submissions. Provides credit and risk appetite guidance to Line 1.
- Advises senior credit risk decisioners on transactional or portfolio risk concerns; provides recommendations to ensure that credit risks are identified, managed, measured, monitored, and properly reported.
- Assists in developing action plans to resolve issues. Re-designs processes to better identify, manage, measure, and monitor credit risks.
- Works productively as part of a team or independently to meet deadlines; provides coaching to team members
Qualification & Experience:
- With the business heavily focused on growth, it can be a high pressure environment. The successful applicant must be able to work efficiently, be willing to back their own judgement and when appropriate, effectively challenge business partners.
- The role works closely with Line 1 and involves direct interaction with external customers to ensure the development of a thorough understanding of their businesses. This must be balanced with the need for independent risk assessment.
- MCG & CB Risk is progressively building out specialisation in certain products and industries, in line with business growth objectives and portfolio concentration. Ideally the successful applicant will have tangible experience in working capital / trade finance or industry experience in manufacturing or pubs and clubs.
- Core responsibility is credit risk management support and decisioning for CBA Business Banking Major Client Group (MCG) and Commercial Banking (CB) in New South Wales; focus is diversified, non-property clients with non-retail lending exposure greater than $10.0m.
- Beyond credit risk management support and decisioning, there is an expectation that Risk Executives contribute to and in some cases drive credit risk focused initiatives and projects. These stretch assignments are typically focused on the establishment or refinement of appetite. This may be for a particular industry, simplification of credit policy or optimisation of credit processes and tools.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills are a must; the successful applicant must be able to influence at a range of levels within the organisation and across both Line 1 and Line 2. This includes representing transactions at Credit & Pricing Review Panel.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, AU
Application Deadline: N/A