About the role
Responsible to work in conjunction with the Category Manager and teams to identify and action all planning, purchasing and replenishment activities and opportunities to optimize sales, stock holding and profit for a specific department/category. Pro-actively support the Senior Manager Planning in driving the Planning Strategy for the Category on a daily basis, as well as supporting other members of the team on specific projects. Deputize for the Senior Manager Planning as required. The role includes some of the below responsibilities:
- Build strong and successful working relationships with different stakeholders and vendors.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the strategy across the category, ensuring delivery of the category budget whilst supporting sales and operational targets.
- Responsible for creating and producing the annual financial and category level plans for the category within assigned budget to support the company growth strategy.
- Responsible for the development and improvement of internal processes.
- Maintain collaborative relationship with vendors, buyers and merchandising and warehouse to ensure inventory arrival within contractual terms.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly category unit flow forecasting in cooperation with merchandising, buying and distribution cross-functional partners, including seasonal, promotional and markdown unit demand and inventory planning.
Without a Degree:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 7 years of job-related experience
With a Degree:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 6 years of job-related experience
- Experience of Demand Planning at a Managerial level in the Retail industry ideally FMCG industry (although, not essential)
- Proven experience in forecasting, demand planning, inventory management and working with replenishment systems.
- Strong analytical skills and project planning experience.
- People management experience, motivating and managing a team to deliver results.
- Experience in multi-site operations or sales management environment
- Experience within the Travel retail business.
- Experience of working with Global luxury and prestigious brands.
- Awareness of the end to end Supply Chain and Demand planning requirement over a mid to long term horizon.
- Professional Education accreditation from a recognised Supply Chain/Planning institute.
Job Specific Skills:
- Outstanding research skills together with an in-depth knowledge of planning processes
- Outstanding communication skills to establish and build successful relationships with all stakeholders
- Analytical ability to understand and interpret data
- Strong numeracy skills with experience of managing complex budgets
- Client facing competencies with the ability to present and communicate at senior levels and across a range of stakeholders.
- Experienced in using planning software and data systems.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Excellent MS Excel and Access skills
- BI and data mining experience
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.