Carrefour UAE Careers 2021 – Senior Analyst, BI &
Majid Al Futtaim is building one of the largest analytics teams in the region to support its analytics transformation. The company has already progressed well on this agenda by launching multiple analytics use cases and now needs to turn these experiments into a robust product portfolio.
Data is vital to the way that we design products and user experience at Majid al Futtaim. We collect detailed logs and time series from millions of page views, smart city sensors, beacons and more. Ultimately, we intend to collect data from millions of devices daily and perform advanced analysis on massive information streams.
We are looking for a strong Insights& research Analyst to help us build and efficiently scale our analytics capabilities. You will join a small but growing team that provides data, frameworks, and insights to the company at large. You will work alongside data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers on some of the newest and most interesting Big & Fast Data problems. The person in this role will synthesize complex data from multiple sources to deliver business insight and strategic guidance to business units, and executive leadership teams
The Advanced Analytics unit is currently in a start-up mode and is expected to overgrow. As such, team members are given the latitude to shape the unit’s trajectory and bring their ideas and visions into fruition.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business environment, including market trends, competition, regional and global benchmarks, etc.
- Distill and communicate key insights across all levels of the organization
- Work closely with internal teams, using data to drive continuous improvement via insights
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to institutionalize findings
- Execute quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights; provide analytical and data-driven decision-making support for key projects.
- Generate and go deep on consumer insights and competitive intelligence to help teams drive product innovation and iteration
- Communicate insights in compelling ways, creating data storytelling
- A successful candidate to have business acumen, a restlessness to answer “so what and why?” questions, and are passionate about using data to drive decision making.
- Diving deep and evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements and uncovering areas of improvement.
- Influencing peers, stakeholders and leaders to make the right decisions.
- Three or more years’ experience at a top-tier firm in an analysis, market research, or consulting role
- Have experience using visualization tools, e.g., Power BI or Tableau
- Strong market knowledge and reliable research capabilities, including scanning and capturing market information, insights, etc.
- Have the ability to turn large volumes of data into actionable insights and explain technical information to a non-tech audience
- Have the ability to work effectively with people of different disciples
- Ability to communicate complex results to less quantitatively sophisticated users
- Proactive problem solver with professional and intellectual credibility and an impactful style. Collaborative, low-ego, pragmatic, and excited about Majid Al Futtaim. Will live and breathe Majid Al Futtaim’s values, alongside the Analytics culture.
- Passion for data and insights. Personal curiosity for exploring data proactively, finding and sharing insights that can lead to more comprehensive analyses
- Self-motivated and able to own workload to deliver results on self-driven deadlines.
- BS in computer science / engineering / math / MIS or related technical discipline
- Background or previous experience in analytics, market research, and/or marketing experience is necessary.
- Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, and a good business intuition are musts.
- Storytelling skills: Strong ability to research topics and synthesize information into concise recommendations and reports
- Proven track record of project management and organizational skills to initiate, prioritize, and execute analysis/insights projects with minimal guidance across businesses and leadership levels.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to interact confidently, successfully, and collaboratively internally
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A