We have a fantastic opportunity for a Merchandise Planner to join the Trenery Women’s Apparel team. Reporting to the Womenswear Senior Planner, you will hold accountability for stock management and forecasting key business KPI’s to deliver the company financial targets for the category.
- Participate in weekly trading meetings by providing analysis and recommendations to achieve Sales, GP & Stock targets.
- Management and training of a Planning Analyst.
- Work closely with VM and Retail regarding stock planning to ensure that we have the correct stock levels in stores and plan for new store openings.
- Prepare and contribute towards SWOT and post seasonal review meetings and any forward strategy meetings in conjunction with the product team.
- Ensure that initial allocations and replenishment are managed each week to meet potential sales
- Manage markdowns, analyse weekly sales reports and propose any clearance markdowns in season. Control seasonal markdown levels within targets and manage stock levels across 1st stores and clearance channels.
- Establish budgets for sales, markdowns, purchases, stock levels, stock turn, margin % and margin dollars.
- Analysis, update and monitoring of allocation grids / profiles by category
- Liaise with Planning Analysts and state managers on store needs, stock transfers and gridding of stores, plus identify and drive opportunities at store level.
- In season trading, review and recommend forward forecasts on sales, markdowns, stock, stock turn, margin, purchases and gross profit.
- Management of Womenswear OTB for the David Jones concession channel
Qualification & Experience:
- An ability to meet deadlines and work within a fast-paced environment whilst balancing competing interests
- Demonstrated ability to work alongside a range of key senior stakeholders in order to achieve business outcomes
- Developed excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across internally and externally
- Demonstrated experience working within the Merchandise Planning space either at a Junior Planner level or newly established Planner
- Developed exceptional numerical and analytical skills, coupled with a strong retail and commercial acumen
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- The ability to work well with a team, and thrives in a collaborative and dynamic environment
Company: David Jones
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Adelaide, AU
Application Deadline: N/A