Your role as IT Analyst Programmer will play an important part in maintaining and enhancing David Jones and Country Road Group IT systems. Reporting directly to the IT Applications Support Team Lead, you will also work to diagnose and resolve IT system issues and provide service support to the broader business. We are looking for someone who has strong communication skills, an analytical mindset to stay on top of the technical aspects of the role, and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Support the team responsible for the design, construction, and unit test of resolution problems
- Follow defined development, quality, and change management processes and standards.
- Assist with the implementation of appropriate systems to support end user applications
- Provide clear, accurate, and regular progress status reporting to Support Manager, including raising of issues and sharing of knowledge with other team members
- Manage development tasks responsible for ensuring quality delivery of work products including but not limited to, analysis, function/module design, creation, execution, and verification of system test plans
- Provide support through rapid response to user difficulties and provide timely solutions to the satisfaction of the user while ensuring a high level of customer service.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong understanding and experience in programming languages and development best practices (Pro*C, Shell scripting, PL/SQL, DB2 scripting)
- Knowledge and experience in TM1, Business Objects, MircoStrategy, QlikView, SSRS, or COGNOS BI would be beneficial
- Tertiary qualified – degree level business systems or computer science
- Experience with Batch scheduling tools Control-M or Automic desirable
- Excellent technical skills to support databases/applications deployed in UNIX operating systems
- Proven experience with Oracle database is highly beneficial
Company: David Jones
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Adelaide, AU
Application Deadline: N/A