Sapphire Recruitment Consultants
Our client is seeking an experienced Career Development and Staffing Manager who is adept at conflict resolution and working under pressure. In this role you will be responsible for Resource Management by working closely with Head of Career Development & Staffing, Practice Leads and senior client staff in accordance with overall company targets, project needs, and development priorities of staff. 8+ years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar role within a Management Consultancy or someone with a career in outsourcing high volumes of staff.
- Interact daily with Partners, Principals and Managers to ensure appropriate staffing in line with our client’s needs, project needs and staff preferences and development priorities
- Resolve conflicts arising from complex staffing situations and handle autonomously difficult conversations with senior client staff
- Support Head of Staffing in defining and implementing strategic initiatives to improve fair and effective implementation of the staffing process and uphold guidelines
- Escalate to Head of Career Development & Staffing any alarming activity or unexpected leakage to warrant continued transparent and fair approach
- Connect with client staff’s mentors on a need basis for issues with their staffing
- Act as gatekeeper in managing staffing decisions based on business needs, staff preferences and development needs and availability
- Maintain close ties with Practice Leads for cross-practice staffing of their aligned managers
- Ensure full integration of new hires by proactively securing most suitable projects (team structure, length, content, etc.); proactively escalate to senior stakeholders to ensure finding suitable solutions if staffing got derailed
- Provide supporting evidence, when necessary, on resource performance, staffing pull amongst partners and principals and additional background on any staffing issues faced
- Post appraisal cycle, regularly refer to the extracted list of development needs as maintained and managed by the Performance Management Team to ensure full understanding of all needs and meet staffing requirements accordingly, when possible
- Guarantee committee recommendations be considered during staffing decisions; if unable to implement committee recommendation, document the reasons hindering this for later reference
- Oversee content and production of weekly staffing reports for quality, accuracy, and timely submission (master staffing sheet, newsletter, etc.)
- Ensure production and timely distribution of other adhoc reports, as requested by senior management and other requesting audiences
- Uphold consistent and constant implementation of staffing guidelines with every decision, considering the three pillars of staff deployment (Business Needs, Staff Preferences and Development Priorities)
- Position self as a subject matter expert on a broad range of Staffing questions and take the lead to interact closely with Seniors to address cross-functional queries
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building productive cross-functional relationships
- Manage the Career Development and Staffing Coordinator and ensure proper distribution of tasks to optimize the resource allocation and management
Criteria:University Degree 8+ years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar role within a Management Consultancy or someone with a career in outsourcing high volumes of staffComputer proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) Autonomous and works well under pressure Excellent Interpersonal, Organizational and Communication Skills Presentable, approachable, and diplomatic Exercise sound judgment, objectivity, while maintaining highest level of confidentiality Empathetic towards staff needs and preferences Ability to make decisions in an efficient and timely manner Ability to prioritize workload in a highly dynamic environment Must be fluent in English and Arabic (spoken and written)Must currently reside in the UAEPlease respect the criteria requirements and only apply if you meet these as you will not be considered if you do not. We thank you for your application however due to the high volume of candidate applications, we only accept online applications in the first instance. Successful candidate applications will be contacted, if you are not successful your CV will be stored on our database but to make sure you do not miss out keep checking our website, follow us on Twitter and follow our Sapphire Recruitment LinkedIn page.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.