Cardinal Health manages the pharmacy at Aurora Behavioral Health San Diego and we are currently recruiting for a full time Pharmacy Technician.
Our Pharmacy Technicians demonstrate working knowledge of the policies and procedures regarding procurement, storage, preparation and delivery of pharmaceuticals in hospitals and health system settings. The successful candidate will process physician orders for review by a pharmacist and pick and prepare medications or supplies under pharmacist review. They will also restock supplies and medications, deliver supplies and medications, procure supplies and medications following standard purchasing guidelines and provide feedback on the stock level and on inventory control and delivery processes.
Our Pharmacy Technicians are also skilled in own work area within an analytical/scientific method or operational process area. They will also expand skills and techniques in one skill area/process/method and maintain appropriate licenses/training/certifications, as needed. The successful candidate will apply knowledge and skills to complete assigned tasks within own area and work within established SOPs and/or scientific methods and adheres to quality guidelines while working with a moderate degree of supervision.
- Assists the Pharmacist in filling prescription orders, as permitted by the California Boards of Pharmacy
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by profiling prescriptions; preparing labels and calculating quantities
- Handle doctor calls, faxes and medication deliveries
- Takes inventory, places orders, checks in drugs and supplies, stocks shelves and removes out-of-date items from the inventory
- Communicates with all customers (patients, clinics, care-givers, physicians) in a pleasant and professional manner
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ability to manage several tasks at the same time; Ability to focus on tasks ; Ability to evaluate operating conditions ; Ability to exercise sound judgment
- National pharmacy technician certification (PTCB)
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as computers, smart phones and tablets
- Ability to work well in a team
- California Pharmacy Technician certification required
- Strong customer service skills required
- High school degree or equivalent
- In-patient hospital pharmacy experience highly preferred
- Flexibility in working schedule
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
Company: Cardinal Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A