- Leverage a broad stack of technologies — Python, R, Conda, AWS, H2O, Spark, and more — to reveal the insights hidden within huge volumes of numeric and textual data
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and product managers to deliver a product customers love
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
- Build/evaluate statistical / machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Innovative. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art methods, technologies, and applications and seek out opportunities to apply them.
- Customer first. You love the process of analyzing and creating, but also share our passion to do the right thing. You know at the end of the day it’s about making the right decision for our customers.
- Statistically-minded. You’ve built models, validated them, and backtested them. You know how to interpret a confusion matrix or a
- ROC curve. You have experience with clustering, classification, sentiment analysis, time series, and deep learning.
- Technical. You’re comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 1 year of experience with relational databases
- At least 1 year of experience with machine learning
- At least 1 year of experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years of experience in data analytics, or Master’s Degree plus 3 years in data analytics, or PhD
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering Information Technology
Job Location: Portsmouth, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A