- As a Principal Data Scientist for Card ML at Capital One, you’ll be part of the Card ML team that’s leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale, using the latest in computing and machine learning technologies and operating across billions of customer records to unlock the big opportunities that help everyday people save money, time and agony in their financial lives.
- Technical. You’re comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
- Creative. You thrive on bringing definition to big, undefined problems. You love asking questions and pushing hard to find answers. You’re not afraid to share a new idea.
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and product managers to deliver a product customers love
- Innovative. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art methods, technologies, and applications and seek out opportunities to apply them.
- Leverage a broad stack of technologies — Python, Conda, AWS, H2O, Spark, and more — to reveal the insights hidden within huge volumes of numeric and textual data
- Customer first. You love the process of analyzing and creating, but also share our passion to do the right thing. You know at the end of the day it’s about making the right decision for our customers.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 1 year of experience working with AWS
- At least 1 year of experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- Master’s Degree in “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) plus 3 years of experience in data analytics, or PhD in “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)
- At least 1 year of experience with machine learning
- At least 3 years’ experience with machine learning
- At least 1 year of experience with relational databases
- At least 3 years’ experience with SQL
- At least 3 years’ experience in Python, Scala, or R
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years of experience in data analytics, or Master’s Degree plus 3 years in data analytics, or PhD
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Richmond, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A