Members of our patent team in the Legal department are working to develop and implement an enterprise-wide patent strategy and to create a culture of inventor engagement and excitement. If you are inquisitive, collaborative, and enthusiastic about technology, come join us!
- can proactively engage various teams across the enterprise to identify patentable innovations, run invention disclosure meetings and invention harvesting sessions, and provide education and training to technical teams.
- can create friendly and collaborative working relationships, particularly with their teammates, the rest of the legal department, internal clients, and outside counsel. A good sense of humor and an interest in having fun at work are pluses!
- is a registered patent attorney with experience in preparing and prosecuting software or electrical applications; the successful candidate will be responsible for protecting Capital One’s inventions and helping shape Capital One’s enterprise-wide patent strategy.
- can independently counsel clients and provide practical legal advice on a wide range of patent-related issues, including advising on matters related to litigation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office
- Membership in good standing in at least one state bar
- At least 3 years of experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A