Job Number 21013787
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas. Use detergent, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals in the 3-compartment sink to clean dishes. Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing. Rack and spray all racked items with hot water to loosen and remove food residue. Sort, soak, and wash/re-wash silverware and breakdown dirty bus tubs. Empty and maintain trashcans and dumpster area. Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments. Dispose of glass in the proper containers. Break down cardboard boxes and place them and other recyclables in the recycle bin.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – N/A
- 2-3 years
Skills and Knowledge
Education or Certification
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
§ Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
§ Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).Food Safety
§ Clean and disinfect high risk areas appropriately
§ Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and only attend duty in a full uniform
§ Aware of dilutions of chemicals and how to use them
§ Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as Dubai Municipality standards.
§ Be aware of storage of chemicals and never cross-contaminate with them.
§ Able to check chemical concentrations
Sanitation and Maintenance
§ Operate cleaning equipment and tools to ensure only clean and sanitary items are used in the kitchen, including operating the dish machine, pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor.
§ Organize cleaning chemicals and supplies and ensure they are stored appropriately and kept separate from food products.
§ Keep hand wash stations maintained (for example, supplied with soap, towels, step-on trashcan, gloves, and proper signage) and fully functional.
§ Follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures and pest control guidelines, reporting pest control issues to appropriate personnel.
§ Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitizers required by health department.
Kitchen Tools & Equipment
§ Ensure proper and safe handling and storage of equipment, returning equipment to appropriate location.
§ Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas.
§ Clean the dishwashing machine, including removing trash and spraying the inside of the machine, cleaning and unclogging the spray arms and jets, cleaning the outer surfaces of the machine and troubleshoot dishwasher malfunctions as required.
§ Use detergent, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals in the 3-compartment sink at the appropriate levels to clean dishes, ensuring the chlorine levels are between 50 and 100 parts per million and that the water temperature is sufficiently hot.
§ Ensure water temperature, and chemical levels are appropriate to run the dishwashing machine, and complete proper documentation.
§ Rack dirty items (silverware, plate ware, etc).
§ Sort silverware with eating surfaces facing up into separate cylinders and wash/re-wash.
§ Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing.
§ Allow cleaned items to air dry.
§ Spray all racked items with hot water to loosen and remove food residue.
§ Sort and soak silverware.
§ Breakdown dirty bus tubs.
Maintenance, Sanitation, and Cleaning Activities
§ Empty full trashcans, ensuring each can is clean, relined, and covered, and maintain dumpster area.
§ Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments (e.g., sink area, shelves and counters in dish room, tops of chemical bottles, outside of the dish machine, dish room door and walls, bus carts).
§ Clean and maintain sanitation areas and organize cleaning supplies including hanging up mops and brooms.
§ Organize supply rack, including pots, pans, serving spoons, utensils, etc.
§ Dispose of glass in the proper containers.
§ Break down cardboard boxes and place them and other recyclables in the recycle bin.
§ Keep sanitation closets locked and shut.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.