Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/None
Job Description:CAD Draftsman
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Parsons engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation water conveyance and wastewater treatment oil and gas land development public and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The CAD Draftsman performs basic to moderately-difficult design/drafting assignments requiring a working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques.
- Under the general direction of a higher-level Designer/Drafter, the incumbent at this level typically takes engineering notes, specifications, rough sketches, etc., and formalizes them into working drawings.
- Assignments are designed to develop a practical knowledge of equipment, facilities, and systems, and their interrelationships within a particular engineering discipline.
- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of basic arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Utilizes technical manuals and directives to ensure compliance with codes and company policies. Becomes familiar with various standards and codes such as ANSI, PFI, and ASME.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Understands how to read orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and supplier/manufacturer drawings.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma with at least 5 years experience in Computer Aided Drafting drawings
- At least 3 years experience working in the UAE
- Knowledge in engineering software and special drawing programs such as AutoCAD 3D, Revit, Photoshop, RIFF, etc. Preferably with experience in 2D and 3D programs.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.