Right Calibre Executive Search
Job description / Role
Buying & Category Manager – Beauty & Cosmetics – Dubai
About the Role:
Responsible for managing the Brand buying team (Beauty & Cosmetics Division), we are looking for a Buying & Category Manager to manage the department across our Beauty, Haircare, Skincare, Cosmetics, Tooling and Fragrance categories. You will be responsible for relationship management across all beauty partners/brands, maximizing sales and margins, developing the ranges and driving continual growth across the brands globally.
• Experienced Buyer or senior level Account Manager, ideally within the beauty industry
• Strong track record of Brand onboarding, partnerships, management and delivery of products
• Experience in managing and partnering with brands spanning a range of sizes
• To drive the assortment planning for the platform to ensure the selection of styles are able to meet the customer needs and the sales target
• To source new products and supplier connections- All key beauty brands in the region and International partnerships as well
• To do research on understanding competitor’s trend, promotion and the price regularly
• To work closely with different internal departments on strategic planning on the sales performance, inventory level and the display strategy
• Proactively drive sourcing activities in collaboration with stakeholders to complete procurement objectives. Strong category management skills which include conducting opportunity analysis, supplier competitive landscape, supplier selection, supplier management, process optimization and execution of agreements.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to implement and manage effective supplier relationships, identify and implement opportunities/processes to influence improvement in service, quality, delivery, and cost and optimal payment terms.
• Evaluate operational effectiveness and identify new processes that will make the procurement process more efficient.
• Strong Contract Management Skills, ability to thoroughly review and negotiate terms and conditions ensuring compliance to contract.
• Evaluation of contracts to drive continuous value to business. Interface with Legal in reviewing and recommending changes to proposed contracts.
• Acts as a project lead as part of a team on various projects to ensure Procurement goals are met.
• Strive towards continuous vendor improvement and increasing the brand partnerships