Al Boom Marine
Job description / Role
Buyer is responsible for planning, selecting and purchasing of goods and merchandise that are sold in retail stores. They source new and review existing goods to ensure their products remain competitive.
• Meeting Retail sales and Margin targets for Brands/Categories
• Select and Purchase appropriated goods and merchandise for selling in Retail store.
• Attend to international Brand’s sales meetings
• Placing sample orders to check the quality of goods and merchandise.
• Ensure the brand’s identity is carried out from the principals to our market
• Ensure the right assortment for every store at category/item level.
• Monitor all purchases against the Purchase Budget
• Track all orders placed from the vendor until the store to guaranty the product reach the right store at the right time
• Prepare and coordinate with merchandise and VM teams the Brand’s new collection/products launch
• Evaluating market trends, store sale trends and placing orders according.
• Working in sync with Retail sales team.
• Procuring customer feedback on the merchandise available in the store.
• Lead and develop team work with Merchandises
• Price and guarantee the right pricing of all items and categories
• Monitoring market changes, competitor prices and products
• Perform product markdowns based on sales analysis (sell-thru)
• Plan and coordinate the transition of old products from regular to outlet stores
• Analyzing sales patterns to anticipate trends in consumer buying pattern
• Recommending clearance sales and varying delivery schedules to help control stock levels
• Presenting new ranges to retail managers
• Assisting visual merchandisers in planning store layouts to promote key lines
• Working with the Marketing department in order to present sales promotions.
• Select optimal assortment for each retail location by making sure the category by size split is suitable for the location and demographic
• Promotion coordination with Operations Team