When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In an international firm like Deloitte, our strong global presence is complemented by our local reach and market knowledge. A career in Financial Advisory Services will equip you with a deep understanding of the local and regional business landscape, enabling you to identify opportunities and risks to our clients’ businesses. In addition, your breadth of vision will be engaged, as you match our global resources to our clients’ advantage. Our FA practice encompasses a broad range of specializations and services but whose common goal is to offer strategic services to clients throughout every phase of the economic cycle.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as an Associate in Business Modeling, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Manages own work against the project plan to ensure a superior client experience
- Gathers and interprets financial information to help strengthen proposed recommendations
- Complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results
- Supports quality and validity of valuation analyses through economic and industry research, as well as financial analysis, engineering analysis, industry research, market condition research, and comparable transactions.
- Construct a financial representation of aspects of business and analyze key results
- Contributes to the creation of analytical models and effectively uses visualization technologies to help team present sophisticated analyses and information in a logical manner
- Completes assigned work on time, and according to specifications and quality standards
- Understands role in ensuring engagement profitability
- Asks clarifying questions to engagement management to reduce ambiguity Tracks progress against work plan and identifies potential issues while remaining focused on identified priorities
- Builds a working list of people, references, and tools needed to get work done
- Assists with the preparation of financial analysis schedules
- Prepares and analyzes client’s financial performance using sensitivity analysis and other standard techniques
- Applies Deloitte’s risk policies and confidentiality procedures throughout the engagement
- Appropriately applies prescribed quality checks to assigned work and documents work performed
- Anticipates potential risks related to managed work/processes and escalates them in a timely fashion to engagement leadership or relevant stakeholders
- Applies Excel skills and modeling principles to design, build, and review models suited to client needs
- Creates dashboards, hyperlinks, and content pages for easier navigation around the model
- Employs model testing tools to identify basic issues during model testing engagements (consistency and hard code issues)
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or any related field
- MBA or equivalent, with emphasis on finance/financial planning or investment analysis is a plus
- 2 – 4 years of experience in financial consulting (Financial Advisory/Corporate Finance) or Investment Banking/ Private Equity preferably in Corporate Finance Department with experience in areas such as financial modeling.
- Willingness to pursue a financial designation (CFA/CBV/CF/CA).
- Strong Interpersonal & Communication skills.
- Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy particularly with spreadsheets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent business writing skills.
- Motivated, dedicated, dynamic & hard worker.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.