Quest Search & Selection
Job description / Role
Business Manager – Head of Buying – Dubai
A leading retailer with over 500 stores throughout the Gulf region are currently looking for a Head of Buying to lead their ever growing buying team. The role, based in Dubai (UAE) requires a candidate who specialises in fashion to continue to drive the brand forward across the region. This role would offer you the chance to play an integral part in their continued and rapid expansion as one of the regions fastest growing retail brands. The company offers you the chance to work in a high volume fast pace fashion environment, therefore we are looking for a candidate who can bring their retail experience, best practice and innovation to the role. It would be important to have a deep understanding of the category and therefore able to react to changes in the market trends.
Our client is looking for someone with strong commercial awareness and a passion for product. You will work closely with the design team therefore experience in putting collections together to deadlines is important. The company offers you the chance to be a part of an established and successful team. The ideal candidate would have experience in a similar role with a leading blue chip retailer. Full relocation assistance is provided.
Role and responsibilities:
* Strategic planning and visioning, leadership and team management, influence, communication
* Develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for all basic and fashion styles and develop strategies to meet financial goals for multiple categories.
* Partner and influence strategic planning and budgeting process with the general manager through category strategy
* Lead, motivate, energize and direct the category team
* Drive a balanced, effective product assortment that meets or exceeds revenue targets and growth (manage SKUs, price, flow, cadence, colour, etc)
* Communicate category strategies, vision and business results to senior leadership, category leadership, business unit leadership and field teams
* Set financial standards and goals for the category team and ensure consistent execution, process and accountability
* Drive merchandising plans and strategies that support seasonal key stories and initiatives and promoting
If you feel that you can add value to this role, please apply to this role with your CV as soon as possible as we are aiming to set up interviews within the next 7 days.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.