Founded in 1934, Parker Drilling provides advanced drilling solutions to the energy industry. We are a technically innovative company providing worldwide drilling services, rental tools and project management, including rig design, construction and operations management.
The Business Integrity Program Project Manager takes total ownership for the provision of compliance-related support as well as ESG support, to the Company, including overseeing key projects to support all elements of an effective compliance program.
It is required that the candidate have project management experience and have responsibilities for the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope.
The Business Integrity Program Project Manager will provide support on compliance issues and support the effective implementation of the Company’s Code of Conduct, with a particular emphasis on anticorruption (compliance with corruption and bribery law) and trade compliance (compliance with export controls and economic sanctions), including anti-trust and competition law. This position will report to the company’s Senior Compliance Counsel and coordinate closely with other Business Integrity colleagues to ensure consistency of application of compliance advice across global business units, Geomarkets, and functions.
- Senior Compliance Counsel
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Project management – oversee all aspects of projects
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize the progress of the project.
- Prepare reports for upper the Chief Compliance Officer regarding the status of the project.
- Confer with colleagues on how to recognize compliance risks and implement mitigation strategies (including providing standard contract provisions, and providing guidance on how to make risk-based decisions in contracting, labor and employment, etc.).
- Audit and assess risk mitigation strategies with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Continuously improve the Company’s compliance infrastructure through collaborating with other functions to enhance internal controls, processes, and systems.
- Identify ways to add value for the Company and our customers through strengthening the compliance program, and manage costs through mitigating compliance and legal risks.
- Creatively identify opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies, redundancies, and distractions that could interfere with customers achieving safe, efficient, and profitable operations.
- Guide client groups in navigating Legal & Compliance standards, processes, and programs.
- Promote conduct and culture that fosters innovative, reliable, and efficient operations and support the Company’s operations, strategic goals, and commercial initiatives as a subject-matter expert on compliance matters.
Promote a disciplined and systematic approach to risk management, including by:o Becoming a subject matter expert on relevant standards contained in the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) and applicable laws, regulations, contracts, and other governing documents.
o Driving improvements to the IMS and standards contained therein and supporting the Legal & Compliance department in developing, implementing, updating, and revising relevant Compliance standards to meet the Company’s risk management goals while promoting innovation, reliability, and efficiency.
o Providing advice and clarification to personnel on such standards.
o Routinely assessing and auditing strict adherence to such standards.
o Fostering a culture of continuous improvement through consistent, timely, and accurate feedback.
- Track and identify trends in key performance indicators in furtherance of the Company’s compliance goals and priorities.
- Support and promote good communication and coordination among Company management, members of the Legal & Compliance department, other support functions and departments, and business units and divisions.
- Demonstrate commitment to a high standard of ethics and compliance and be willing and able to demand compliance with all compliance laws, regulations, and company’s compliance standards and procedures.
- Participate in the global compliance risk assessment process and risk-based reviews.
- Maintain a solid understanding of relevant businesses and local business activities, including applicable laws and regulations, and work with the Chief Compliance Officer to ensure collaboration with business functions and to manage requests and deadlines.
- Assist with effective risk mitigation related to Company relationships with business partners.
- Assists with audits and the audit process
- Perform Know Your Project (KYP) work
- Perform screenings
- At all times maintain the confidentiality and/or privilege of departmental information
- Assist with third-party due diligence reviews, including collecting questionnaires, screening parties, and researching suppliers
- Manage the delivery and collection of three different annual compliance questionnaires, including maintaining up-to-date databases
- Maintain the Compliance Department’s intranet website and files
- Learn, adhere to processes to better streamline due diligence reviews, including creating surveys and collecting responses
- Assist with assessment and management of actual or potential conflicts of interest
- When required, assist with or conduct compliance-related merger and acquisitions (M&A) due diligence and execute integration activities in countries of responsibility, as needed
- Draft compliance-related reports as may be needed from time to time or as required by the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Ensure an effective speak-up culture related to reporting violations and concerns and utilize the case management system to lead and/or support investigations.
- Perform risk-based due diligence on third parties and execute on initiatives designed to improve appropriate, risk-based third-party procedures.
- Assist with ensuring that sanctions screening processes are followed and meet requirements imposed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the US Department of the Treasury.
- Assists with ensuring an effective OFAC sanctions program
- Assists with ensuring all the hallmarks of an effective FCPA program
- Manage programs, training materials, create PowerPoints and communication campaigns with a focus on various compliance topics, including but not limited to gifts, sponsorships, donations, conflicts of interest, etc., and oversee the tracking of employee compliance training attendance.
- Work effectively on projects with colleagues, peers, team members, and other relevant stakeholders across a variety of cultures globally.
- Work on ESG initiatives and act as a project manager for ESG, including tracking, collecting, chasing information, and following up with employees for status updates and to retrieve data, gathering material, and collating data. Create ESG slide decks, charts, graphs and implement a visualization tool for ESG
- Perform data analytics
- Continuous Improvement: Periodic Testing and Review.
- Support internal controls and the internal control framework
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be directed
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree or other equivalent degree required
- Project management certificate, course, or professional training
- Training or courses on data analytics
Minimum Work Experience
- Must have 4+ years of project management experience.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have 4+ years of project management experience.
- Have experience with Gantt Charts, Visualizations and other project management software and applications
- Highly organized and structured
- Experience with systems, cloud-based tools, and applications
- Experience with data analytics, including using data analytics tools
- Experience with excel and using charts and graphs
- PowerPoint experience
- Willingness and aptitude to learn about investigations and compliance-related due diligence and compliance with the anti-corruption laws and sanctions requirements
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and develop and retain positive relationships with management, employees in functional and operational roles, customers, peers, colleagues, team members, and suppliers.
- Must be very effective at making presentations to clients (both internally and externally).
- Must possess excellent business and analytical skills and ethical judgment.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively and effectively elicit support for various staff functions.
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, and technologically savvy with experience working with systems and others applications.
- Must have experience working in international environments, including strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness and experience in developing communications to a multicultural employee base in support of compliance and ethics.
- Must be team-oriented and able to manage projects, including an ability to work with other stakeholders cross-functionally on projects.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, often on short notice, and be willing to travel up to 30% (10% domestic and 20% international).
- Must have a commercial judgment in understanding and supporting the delivery of strategic, commercial goals with an ability to offer creative solutions to problems and issues in a pragmatic manner and compliant way.
- Must be able to manage effectively outside consultants where required.
- Must be fluent in English. Fluency in Arabic, Russian, French, and/or Spanish preferred but not required.
People Management Provides team with a clear sense of direction and objectives; creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports employment development through coaching, Highly integrated with strategic talent management processes including performance management, succession planning, talent development, and engagement/retention, etc. Get results through people.
Effective Communication Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; listens attentively and objectively.
Personal Accountability Demonstrates enthusiasm for and commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions. Takes pride in the job. Actively engages in professional self-development opportunities. Demonstrates professionalism and emotional intelligence across situations.
Flawless Execution Clearly defines priorities and objectives. Uses a systematic approach with commitment and determination to achieve high quality results. Capably leads the business day-to-day and evaluates the risks and rewards new opportunities present.
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
This position will typically work in a climate-controlled building in the Dubai office of Parker Drilling.
Popular Job Searches
- Accountant Jobs in Dubai
- Driver Jobs in Dubai
- Part Time Jobs in Dubai
- Walk in Interviews in Dubai
- Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
- Cunstomer Service Jobs in Dubai
- Online Jobs in Dubai
- Logistics Jobs in Dubai
- Data Entry Jobs in Dubai
- Sales Jobs in Dubai
- Fresher Jobs in Dubai
- Hotel Jobs in Dubai
- IT Jobs in Dubai
- Teaching Jobs in Dubai
- Store Keeper Jobs in Dubai
- Banking Jobs in Dubai
- Graphic Designer Jobs in Dubai
- Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dubai
- Computer Operator Jobs in Dubai