Business Development Specialist, Oman
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as a Business Development Specialist Oman, and will be the part of Motion Business Area for Service Division based in, Muscat, Oman. In this role you will be reporting to Local Business Area Manager and will be responsible to accelerate and expand Motion business in Oman. Get ABB to preferred position with end users, EPCs, OEMs and partners based on quick and reliable support, digital tools etc. Develop and implement innovative strategies to maintain market leadership in Motion. Secure stronger market position through creation of a superior customer experience leveraging digital offering.
This position reports to
Local Business Area Manager
- Develop good understanding of Oman market for Motion Products, competitive environments and ABB position. Support in developing product positioning strategies based on these market input. ABB factory and product approvals with all key end users like PDO, Oxy, Oman LNG etc.
- Work with key consultants to support specifications for Drives, Motors and PLCs and organize customized technical events to improve ABB’s acceptability with end users, consultants and OEMs. Identify opportunities from idea generation stage and work with end users, EPCs and consultants to position ABB products and specification correctly.
- Identify market requirement and support in developing strategic sales plan for Motion business (Drives, Motors and PLCs). Develop new partners for LV drives/ Motors and develop certified 3rd party workshop for HV motors.
- Develop Management contact at key customer organizations and support front end sales team as needed. Service business: Identify customer installed base, issues faced by customer and key decision makers at customer organization, so that proactive solutions can be implemented.
- Enquiry generation for complete Motion portfolio through proactive business development action. Effective implementation of group sales strategies.
- Promote digitalization solutions, condition monitoring and energy efficiency pitch for drives and motors. Preventive maintenance and reconditioning for drives and motors.
- Complete Installed base mapping to ensure that more than 90% of installed base is allotted to site. Follow up payment to avoid overdues.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 + years of professional experience.
- Team management skills, previous engagement and customer relationships with major end-users.
- Innovative mind, interest to explore new ideas and build strong relationships – excellent networking skills
- Out-of-the box thinking and exceptional problem solving skills.
- Relentless ownership, dedication and thoroughness. Going the extra-mile and showing devotion for the mission.
- Good Communications & presentation skills.
- Excellent level of English & Arabic required.
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
More about us
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime, and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure, and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite