Who we are
We are a startup studio building what the world needs next. We aim to achieve it by experimenting rapidly, uniting bold founders, and investing in the unpredictable. We’re hackers, persistently discovering how to create things people desire. We sit in the Greenhouse, our Innovation hub, housing our Retail Tech Accelerator Program, our Incubation Program, and our Startup Studio. It’s a space dedicated for using lean startups methodologies with an aim to create a bullet proof future for the Group through new business models, categories, markets, and foster a culture of entrepreneurship across the organisation.
We are part of Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and lifestyle for over 65 years. We are certified #GreatPlaceToWork with more than 12,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, and over 600 retail stores.
What you will be doing
Our Business Designer will play a pivotal role as part of our Studio Management Team, by designing, managing, analyzing, and prototyping new business models. Reporting to the Senior Innovation & New Ventures Manager, you will work with an agile and dynamic team, be a change driver and driven to achieve success for our new ventures, the Startup Studio, The Greenhouse, and the Innovation department of the Group.
- Collaborate with our Strategy and Intelligence team to find gaps in the market
- Get involved in each stage of the ideation process
- Lead workshops for problem identification
- Lead the solution designing workshops to solve the problem/solution fit, together with the team
- Develop the hypothesis and define metrics for success
- Sketch out customer journeys in visual scenarios
- Build prototypes using low tech tools
- Run tests/experiments: fail, learn, iterate, repeat based on data-driven evidence
- Create a constant cycle of feedback with an aim to bring the most value to customers with minimal effort
- Analyse results and draw the way forward
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Familiarity with lean startup methodologies and practices is a must
- Consultant background is a plus
- UX skills (wire framing, story boarding, research and user testing)
- Good mix of technical, business and UX know-how
- Strategic thinker, with execution mindset; a doer
- You are passionate about problem solving
- You are a fast learner and are not afraid to make mistakes
- You are experienced in using different sets of tools and know when and how to use them
- You are able to execute at speed while keeping the big picture in mind
- You are excited about learning new things and you are even more passionate about sharing these with others
- You have a strong business knowledge and acumen and understand a variety of business practices
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.