- To take full responsibility for specific tasks in the Month Close and all Financial Reporting.
- To provide necessary reports, including but not limited to gross profit, marketing and inventory to required stakeholders.
- Actively assist and participate in budget setting along with the business units and help set guidelines for all departments.
- Compare, control and analyze month end SGA expenses as compared to budgets and normal trends.
- To achieve Inventory Level targets in coordination with the Marketing, Service and Supply Chain Department.
What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Reports – P&L.
- Inventory, Gross profit and Marketing costs Reporting, analysis and leading monthly meetings with Marketing, Supply Chain and Product management to achieve Target and control cost.
- Maintenance and periodic updates of major reporting database files.
- Other ad hoc reports and analysis as required by BU Controller.
- Prepare monthly accruals, inventory provision and other month end financial adjustments.
- Prepare specific monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Booking of limited financial entries.
- Supervision and assistance to other team members as required with accounting matters.
- Develop, document, implement and maintain Internal Control Policies and Procedures.
- Gain a strong understanding of the ERP system and implement various modules and improvements with the assistance of ICT.
- Offer support to other Finance team members.
- Prepare intercompany support files and interact with colleagues in Headquarters to ensure all required support is received
- Maintain intercompany support files and perform reconciliations
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the BU Controller.
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- Relevant recognized formal qualifications (University major in financial accounting) (essential).
- Professional Accounting qualifications (CA, CPA, CMA, etc).
- Practical “hands-on” exposure in a similar Finance role (3 years minimum). BU control experience is beneficial
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential (essential).
- High level of written and spoken communications required (essential).
- Professional appearance, attitude and communication style (essential).
- Familiarity with MS Office, Email and Internet (essential).
- High level of Excel skills (essential).
- Able to work in multicultural environment.
- Methodical, disciplined individual with good attention to detail.
You will need
- Team Player
- Detail oriented
- Business Focus
- Work on own initiative
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world’s best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.