Al Futtaim Group
BU Controller/ Finance Controller| Retail | UAE
Overview of the role:
Maintain a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve accounting processes and manage business risks through financial compliance.
Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
Ensure that the business activities are conducted in accordance with the Financial Control Models (FCM), and you also support the definition of local financial policies and ensure that the adherence to both local and global reporting standard are controlled.
What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
Month End Controlling
- Perform a pre closing balance sheet review in conjunction with the FSSC team to identify any accounting anomalies to be cleared prior to the book closure
- Support in the monthly accrual process to ensure adequate accruals have been taken for the BU
- Ensure the balance sheet lines are correctly reflecting their balances to avoid an Net debit / credit balance misstatements or any negative Balances in Asset lines. Inform FSSC of any errors to correct
- Ensure the bank balance reconciliations provided by FSSC throughout the month are matching with the bank statements – advise on any rectification entries to be passed
- Ensure all leasing accounting entries have been passed and check all lease renewals / modifications have been carried out by FSSC team
- Support driving any clearing of Balance sheet reconciliations identified post previous month end closing
- Support document retention compliance process in all BU’s being managed
Balance Sheet reviews
- Complete random audits of workflow to ensure that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized and executed
- Regular review of Balance Sheet schedules provided by FSSC and driving resolution of misstatements/unreconciled open items in GLs
- Ensure timely submission of Balance sheet substantiation to group finance
- Advise any reclassifications required to be passed by FSSC in next monthly closing system
- Support the review SAP to BPC reconciliation on a monthly basis and minimize the entries posted in BPC
- Support the review of any audit adjustment entries being passed to ensure opening balances are correctly stated
BU Controlling / Support to FSSC
- Help support the Central Division I2P lead on any AP related matter not getting resolved (GRIR Clearing / Open Vendor reconciliations / Missing invoices / Missing SOA)
- Drive policy compliant PO release strategy and establish DoA compliance for Non-PO invoices
- Drive review of Open POs, timely closure & deletion of POs or open line items
- Help in resolving unidentified & unallocated collections/credits in banks in conjunction with the FSSC O2C team by being the main point of contact between FSSC and Commercial team
- Help & resolve compliance issues escalated by FSSC
- Ensure all Internal Audit reports are tracked, responded to and recommendations are implemented in conjunction with the Operational P&C Team
Automation / Process improvement
- Support the streamlining of finance process through automation where possible
- Support on Implementation of standard operating process and practice
- Support any escalations related to DoA/policy compliance
- Drive resolution of matters highlighted by Group Finance/FSSC
- Liaise with concern team and communicate closure of stores & company codes
Other Key Responsibilities
- To liaise with relevant managers and stakeholders to ensure full collaboration and understanding on critical topics.
- Contribute to the improvement of the solutions and business processes.
- Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge, management skills and domain expertise by using continuous learning & development tools.
- Contribution to business excellence initiatives
- Peer appreciation and feedback
- Continual development of team and product application skills
- Maintain an excellent rapport with the business.
Required Skills to be successful: Microsoft Office, particularly ExcelPC skillsAnalysis and troubleshootingStrong technical account knowledge and audit experience neededSolid experience in International Financial Accounting Standards (IFRS).Understanding of internal controlsIndividual AccountabilityCommunication & interpersonal skillsPersonal IntegrityStrong analytical skills & problem solving skillsAbility to follow-up on outstanding issuesAbility to work effectively as part of a team Ability to manage time & work under pressureReadiness to persevere with difficult tasksAbility to be assertive without being aggressiveAble to focus and drive tasks to completion What equips you for the role:Bachelor Degree in finance (Qualified Accountant)8-10 years’ experience in in similar role.Big Four Audit experience with 2 years industry experience will be highly regardedController experience of at least 3-4 yearsKnowledge of SAP BPC or SAP Business Warehouse will be highly regardedExtensive use of ExcelRetail experience is a plusTaking InitiativeDrive for ResultsGood communication skills (verbal and written)Strong/excellent attention to detail
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.