The Kanoo Group
Job description / Role
Objectives: Kanoo Shipping is looking for a Boarding Representative to be based in Dubai. We are looking for someone that has experience in the provision of efficient and proactive services to vessels and strong knowledge of the shipping in the UAE.
• Responsible for the efficient provision of port operations services as required by the vessels in port and as per procedure.
• Provide arrival and departure documentation requirements on a timely manner and without causing delay to vessel berthing or departure.
• Obtain all required arrival and departure information from the vessel and relay to the communication center/ all concerned parties as per procedure.
• Analyze vessel schedule and requirements for basis of planning an efficient and on time attendance to the vessel.
• On vessel arrival, carry out a thorough discussion with the vessel command all requirements as per Agency Now Check List, in order to plan for efficient and timely operation.
• Reports on time as per duty schedule and ensure thumb print is carried out in the main office attendance system.
• On time as per procedure delivery of hand carried items, cash and mobile phone to the vessel (and collection of mobile phone thereafter).
• Ensure all principal / standing / safety instructions are clearly understood and all operational and safety procedures are strictly complied.
• Providing full liaison support functions for official matters with Port and Immigration Authorities.
• Close coordination with the vessel command /concerned authorities and other parties in order to comply with vessel requirements.
• Ensure full details of complaints, procedure and safety related issues are reported to the boarding representative supervisor and required appropriate corrective actions are carried out.
• Responsible for safe delivery of Cash to Master, collection of respective acknowledgment receipt and submitting to communication center thereafter.
• Carry out boarding representative duties as per procedure.
• Responsible for building and maintaining good relationship with authorities.
• In charge of ensuring crew feedback form are provided to off signers and for collecting crew feedback form’s back from on signers and submit to shipping manager’s office.
• Providing In port master satisfaction feedback form to the Master and submitting the filled form to the shipping manager’s office.
• Improvement of performance in carrying out responsibilities to achieve customer requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring effective implementation/ compliance of management requirements as per Kanoo shipping operational / quality / HSSE procedures and policies
• Monitor suppliers to ensure Kanoo Shipping operational/ quality/ HSSE/ accounting requirements are strictly complied at all times.
• Support – Providing full support functions to cover Sharjah office as and when required.
Reporting to: Boarding Representative Supervisor
Other interactions: Senior Operations Supervisor – Sharjah , Boarding Representative Supervisors, Communication Center, Husbandry, Crew Care, Port Operations, QHSE Supervisor, Port Authorities, Immigration Authorities, Principals, Vessel Command, concerned supplier as required