The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a two-week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
- Facilitate multiple safety briefings throughout the shift with crews, dispatchers, maintenance employees and other BNSF Team Members.
- Lead crew discussions on how to approach others about safety, relay information about safely servicing customer plants and facilities, ways to minimize risk, and create a culture of safety compliance.
- Hold employees accountable for compliance with rules and regulations established by the Federal Railroad Administration and BNSF Railway.
- Ensure compliance with attendance policies and rules violations.
- Ride trains with the crews and direct operational testing & audits for the crews.
- Assist crews with personnel paperwork, vacation requests, and provide transportation for crews to board and operate the trains timely.
- Correspond with customers by providing accurate and timely information regarding their shipments to and from customer facility/plants on a daily basis.
- Plan the movement of cars, inventory, locomotive, crews and trains within a designated terminal and across an operational division/territory.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
Qualification & Experience:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.70 or higher with a degree in Engineering or Construction Management OR a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA with a non-Engineering degree.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three (3) years.
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A