The Summer Internship Program provides interns an opportunity to learn more about how our efficient, safe and “green” rail network supports the global supply chain. Interns participate in group events and projects, experiencing first-hand what it is like to be a full-time BNSF employee. Operating one of the largest railroads in North America, we have countless opportunities for interns to develop their skills, create new ideas and even travel!
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Proficiency in advanced functions of the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Graduation date prior to September 1, 2022.
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or graduate degree program in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or related field at an accredited university at the time of application and throughout the duration of the internship.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future
- Previous work experience in an Accounting, Finance, or MIS related environment.
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Topeka, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A