The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a two-week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
- Orientation into safety certification, warranty procedures, Best Way, Condition Based Maintenance, Bad Actor Program, Contract Maintenance and Foreign Billing, Audit Procedures and railroad computer applications.
- Technical Training both in the field and at the Technical Training Center (TCC) in Overland Park, KS.
- Develop railroad knowledge to understand operations focused on engineering department, including interacting with other operations departments.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise various types of production and maintenance activities ensuring that these activities are completed safely, efficiently and economically.
- Ensure track structure is maintained to meet BNSF and FRA standards.
- Work with NOC dispatchers and other operating personnel to ensure proper coordination of track windows in order to make production goals.
- Plan daily work to complete projects per work schedule.
- Coordinate track maintenance work with contractors and other departments to maximize work efforts and train operations.
- Perform pre-job surveys and ensure quality control by walking, hi-rail and track inspections.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
Qualification & Experience:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, or a related discipline.
- Experience working in an engineering or construction related environment.
- Experience working outdoors or in an industrial environment.
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication.
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A