We are looking for a talented, passionate, and skilled senior leader to inspire gamers through the creation of the world’s best online game platform which enables them to engage in Blizzard’s legendary fantasy worlds.
- Ensuring that software is being developed at high quality and meeting the platform tenets.
- Direct interaction with stakeholders and executives, excellent communications skills are a must.
- Direct multiple teams of engineers and product managers to evaluate and implement platform solutions that simplify and amplify the developer experience to meet the needs of Battle.net, Blizzard, and Activision.
- Scale as a broad leader to guide a group of 20+ architects, product managers, technical leads, and engineers to help design, implement, and maintain Battle.net’s developer tools and services for dozens of integrators.
- Able to manage / motivate the team.
- Will have end-to-end product and engineering responsibilities for multiple teams.
- Forward thinking with focus on multi-year goals for the team and then executing against them, proven experience and decision-making capabilities at this level.
- Able to split time, effectively managing, developing and mentoring leaders and setting direction while driving alignment.
- Create vision, provide direction, and clearly articulate the value of technology initiatives that improve the developer experience and customer satisfaction.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience leading other technical and product managers across multiple disciplines.
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Demonstrated success in building successful engineering teams, strong people, customer and partner relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Able to interact with all stakeholders; lead by example
- Proven record of solving problems, continuously improving systems and processes
- Exceptional leadership skills that include, but are not limited to selection, performance management, talent planning, and development and recognition
- Experience and passion for building highly parallelized and scalable distributed systems.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a product and engineering leader at the director level or similar building world class platforms and services
- Willingness and experience mentoring others
- Desire to be an expert that others can learn from
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A