In this role, you will be responsible for providing strategic test vision, leadership and operational direction for Blizzard’s global test organization, while finding creative ways to energize and grow a diverse team of test professionals. The successful candidate will be smart, candid, direct and non-political, with a highly developed sense of ethics, energy, confidence, creativity, and ambition. This person will be team-oriented, with an assertive personal style, possessing highly developed interpersonal skills, and is adept as an influencer and negotiator. We seek a forward-thinking leader who can evolve the quality assurance department into a modern test and automation asset. If you possess the rare blend of strategic technical vision, combined with a forward thinking, business-oriented mindset and passion for talent development, we want to speak with you.
- Ensure regional teams are aligned to the global vision and validating that our global customers are receiving an equivalent product / service.
- Represent the test organization with the executive team. Providing the most valuable qualitative data to inform business decisions.
- Lead the vision and evaluation of existing technologies and test methodologies, working with technical leadership throughout Blizzard to develop, implement, and refine our test strategy, with a goal of increasing the speed and efficiency of development, mitigating risk around developing and supporting multiple products globally, while improving the scalability and extendibility of the test organization.
- Drive division wide innovative technology and process improvement adoption into the SDLC to improve quality, speed, reliability and predictability.
- Develop the global test vision, identifying critical success factors and aligning division / stakeholders.
- Lead and evolve the global test teams in support of multiple internal and external dev teams; lead, connect, and partner with teams across Blizzard to ensure the best launches for our customers.
- Champion and influence software development best practices and the customer experience.
- Develop a strong bench strength and succession plan within all areas of the division.
- Facilitate resolution of project impacting issues that require higher level intervention.
- Lead and align all stakeholders on the automation test strategy and partner closely with the QA Tech Director and the development teams to understand and deliver on the test automation needs.
- Close partnership with stakeholders to ensure the teams are providing high value test-related services.
- Work with executive leadership to understand business drivers, market requirements, and risks that may impact live product support or new product launches.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience leading organizational change efforts and org development.
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services.
- Successful releases of multiple game titles as a Test Director, QA Director or equivalent.
- Experience managing diverse cross functional technical teams.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience with minimum of 10 years’ experience leading seasoned test and/ or tech teams.
- Demonstrated fiscal and strategic planning management expertise running a global quality assurance organization, development or technology team.
- Track record optimizing test workflows inside various SDLCs.
- Experience leading Test engineering and managing a company automation strategy / vision.
- MBA/BS in computer science, engineering or related major or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with white/gray/black box and automation test methods.
- Demonstrated experience end-to-end test planning on AAA multiple products.
- Demonstrated success driving process improvement and innovation for large scale organizations.
- Demonstrated success leading a quality centric engineering, test and / or product organizations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A