In this role, you’ll work with engineers and designers to enable our servers in hosting new and exciting content. We’ll need you to investigate and work to prevent service issues so players can play without unexpected interruptions. To that end, you will find yourself digging into complex software mysteries by investigating source code, looking for evidence in logs and server telemetry, and using logical deduction to help us make great decisions.
- Review, build, and deploy server software in a live environment.
- Help build monitoring and control software.
- Diagnose complex software problems occurring on the live World of Warcraft servers.
- Share in off-hour / on-call duties.
- Diagnose networking and OS related problems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Programming background with C++
- Able to write scripts in an administrative language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Understand server/client interactions by reading source code and stepping through code under a debugger
- Rapidly learn the architecture of systems to predict how changes can impact customers and infrastructure
- Familiar with OS, networking, and server design concepts
- Strong code review skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Promotes and contributes to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Exceptional deductive reasoning skills
- Curiosity and tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Long Beach, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A