As a Senior Software Engineer on our Network team, your mission is to implement networking systems including online multiplayer, matchmaking, community features, and 1st party technical requirements to create an immersive experience for our players. This role requires knowledge of fundamental networking behaviors including synchronization, authority, determinism, replication, prediction, latency, and bandwidth.
- Architect and design software systems through collaboration with engineers, designers, and artists.
- Continually expand knowledge of new game technologies and systems
- Follow and enforce group standards and best practices.
- Assist and mentor other programmers in areas of specialization.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Create accurate time estimates
- Implementation of software in C++ and other languages.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficiency in Python AND/OR C# is a plus
- Experience with protocol design and optimization
- Experience in low-level programming primarily in C/C++
- Designing implementation and using Web API’s such as REST
- Developed and shipped at least one online multi-player game a plus
- Ability to analyze, improve and extend a large established codebase
- Experience in levering game backend services a plus
- Proficiency in database modeling and access libraries
- Proficient with synchronization, lag compensation, UDP/TCP
- Experience implementing network architectures such as client/server and Peer-to-Peer
- Excellent debugging skills within a networked environment
- 5+ years’ experience in Network Engineering
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rochester, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A