We are looking for software engineers who like to innovate and seek complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. We are committed to open source and we regularly give our work back to the community. Engineers looking to work in the areas of data pipelines, discovery, storage, distribution, distributed computation, consumption and infrastructure are ideal candidates.
- Deployment and maintenance requires close interaction with various teams.
- This requires maintaining a positive and collaborative working relationship with teams within DOE as well as with wider Aladdin developer community.
- Production support for applications is usually required for issues that cannot be resolved by operations team.
- Creative and inventive problem solving skills for reduced turn around times are highly valued.
- Preparing user documentation to maintain both development and operations continuity is integral to the role.
- Adhering to BlackRock’s UX and design standards is expected and contributing towards upkeep of those standards is encouraged.
- Developers are expected to be involved from inception of projects, understand requirements, architect, develop, deploy, and maintain applications.
- Typically they work in a multi-disciplinary squad (we follow Agile!) which involves partnering with program and product managers to expand product offering based on business demands.
- Design is an iterative process, whether for UX, services or infrastructure.
- Our goal is to drive up user engagement and adoption of the platform while constantly working towards modernizing and improving platform performance and scalability.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with relational/non-relational databases and understanding of storage technologies (like MySQL, Sybase, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Cassandra or HBase)
- Experience with dev ops tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins
- Experience working with large volumes of time series data and building services, APIs and applications based of it
- Robust object-oriented design pattern knowledge and implementation experience using Python.
- Passion for learning and implementing new technologies
- Experience in designing multi-tier application architecture and distributed caching solutions
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Agile development concepts and related tools
- At least 3+ years experience as a software engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Python frameworks like Django, Flask and Pandas
- Strong understanding of data modeling techniques
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A
Popular Job Searches
- Accountant Jobs in Dubai
- Driver Jobs in Dubai
- Part Time Jobs in Dubai
- Walk in Interviews in Dubai
- Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
- Cunstomer Service Jobs in Dubai
- Online Jobs in Dubai
- Logistics Jobs in Dubai
- Data Entry Jobs in Dubai
- Sales Jobs in Dubai
- Fresher Jobs in Dubai
- Hotel Jobs in Dubai
- IT Jobs in Dubai
- Teaching Jobs in Dubai
- Store Keeper Jobs in Dubai
- Banking Jobs in Dubai
- Graphic Designer Jobs in Dubai
- Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dubai
- Computer Operator Jobs in Dubai