As a Safety Specialist with the BIG W team, you are responsible for enabling the effective delivery of Risk and Safety projects, initiatives with a key objective to achieve a safer environment for team members and customers.
- Provide support in developing and maintaining the the Safety Management system (SMS) and document control on a digital platform.
- Assist with the development, review, consultation and communication of safety procedures and processes
- The role will focus primarily on supporting the Big W Risk and Safety objectives through Risk management of the critical risk, tracking/monitoring the controls effectiveness and recommending key activities to reduce risk.
- Provide ongoing support for the chemical management system – Chemwatch
- Provide support to the Regional Safety Partners and drive continuous improvement of key safety processes including control monitoring, training, assurance activities and incident management.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with relevant Legislation, Codes of Practice and Standards.
Qualification & Experience:
- General retail commercial experience
- Previous experience managing and influencing external and internal stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree or working towards Safety or Chemical Engineering related discipline
- Working knowledge of legislation relevant to WHS compliance
- Experience in multi site operations is desirable
Company: Big W
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, AU
Application Deadline: N/A