As the Engineering Manager you will partner with Product Owners and business stakeholders to shape ideas and priorities, lead delivery squads and take responsibility for the technical roadmap of our Digital Experience and Demand Generation domain. You will be playing a pivotal role in Big W’s transition to a micro-services based architecture, maximising value from tools such as Adobe’s AEM and helping to create best in market customer experiences.
- Working with the Solution Architecture team to align specific solution designs with the target end-state architecture, balancing strategic and tactical priorities
- Creating and maintaining a technical roadmap for the Digital Experience and Demand Generation domain
- Providing leadership to assist in the creation and maintenance of a high performing, agile team.
- Help your team solve complex technical problems as they transition BIG W to a modern, micro-services based architecture
- Ensuring that dependencies and risks in the domain are understood and effectively managed
- Proactively resolve structural, cultural, process and organisational issues both within and outside of the team.
- Demonstrating and embedding best-practice system engineering skills and processes within the squad
- Focusing on the quality and speed of delivery for the technology changes required to enable business initiatives; leading a team of high calibre Full-stack engineers
- In partnership with the Product Owner, defining independent slices of value that make up the product backlog, prioritised by customer value, documented in a way that allows delivery squads to clearly understand what is needed, why, and how success will be measured
- Providing thought-leadership during the shaping/feasibility process to ensure the optimal initiatives are prioritised and technology investments made
Qualification & Experience:
- Leading solution delivery in a consumer-facing, content-rich, high volume digital environment
- Designing and delivering large scale digital solutions.
- Agile software delivery experience – delivering high quality technical solutions with maximum automation and minimum cycle times eg CI/CD, TDD/BDD
- Application Lifecycle Management experience including non-functional elements such as performance, security, reliability, cost efficiency, monitoring, and operating in a DevOps model
Company: Big W
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Perth, AU
Application Deadline: N/A