The Inventory Control Manager is responsible for the management and analysis of all inventory control procedures within a Regional Distribution Center (RDC). This includes inventory accuracy and Warehouse Management System (WMS) integrity.
- Provides daily management direction to team of supervisors and/or coordinators who execute daily against procedures and policies.
- Optimizes inventory system and physical accuracy to supply product on-time and right quantity to internal and external customers.
- Plans, directs, executes, and documents cycle counts and production department quality audit programs to meet volume and frequency requirements.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement within the distribution center that affect internal and external customers.
- Oversees the daily maintenance of parameters in the WMS for all item and location attributes that impact processes, inventory accuracy/availability, and productivity.
- Administer all system and process changes for potential impact to inventory management.
- Partners daily with production department management to assure timely product flow from suppliers to support store and customer supply requirements.
- Manages reverse logistics processes, i.e. returns to vendor, transfers to outlet centers, inventory write-offs, etc.
- Identifies inventory management and/or operational improvement opportunities.
- Partners with corporate supply chain teams to lead projects focused on improvement initiatives.
- This person is responsible for leading the reduction of excess inventory via reverse logistics processes.
- They drive continuous improvement in item profiling for all RDC production areas to meet the needs of internal and external customers and partners.
- 2 years of experience using a Warehouse Management System Program
- Associate Degree or higher in Business, Logistics or related fields
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years of experience in Distribution, Operations, Warehousing, Customer Service, related field or Military equivalent
- 2 years of supervisory experience in Business, related field or Military equivalent
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Management , Manufacturing
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A