As a member of the infrastructure team, you’ll build and deploy a first rate storage, backup and disaster solution. You’ll combine your years of experience and industry best practices to design. select product, install and operate a storage platform.
- Interface with Business Application Engineers to assist with project related storage needs.
- Select, deploy, configure and maintain a new enterprise storage systems for BHHC.
- Be a subject matter expert on storage and backup technologies available.Maintain skill set on all related technologies.
- Maintain all storage environment patches and firmware updates.
- Create and document storage procedures related to various maintenance activities.
- Provide capacity, configuration, performance and availability management services and reporting for all storage related technologies/infrastructure.
- Maintenance and support activities will require this role to be available after hours.
Qualification & Experience:
- B.A / B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or relevant experience.
- Have Storage Technology related certifications or training highly desirable (HP, EMC, NetApp,etc.).
- Should also have experience with cloud based storage solutions.
- Possess skills to design, select, configure, implement and maintain an enterprise storage solution.
- Have 10 years’ experience as a dedicated storage engineer, and have designed and implemented a disaster recovery and backup plan
- Have Experience with moving/migrating systems and data.
Company: Berkshire Hathaway
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A