We are Heartists
Heartist describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we’re experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we’re connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Movenpick
The Place to Savour Life- We believe true hospitality is about turning small gestures into heartwarming moments.
We enable our guests to Savour the flavor of life, balancing small indulgence with what’s good for them- and good for the worldThe Role
- To take time and get to know the guests, and to be committed to service excellence.
- To show presence in the Hotel Lobby and provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests satisfaction.
- Work closely with Front Office, Housekeeping and Food and Beverage regarding guest needs and special requests
- Take opportunities to delight the guests.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Awareness of local activities and recreation options
- Be fully aware of the daily information and activities both in the hotel and locally.
- Check Hotel status including occupancy, functions, groups, VIPs.
- Review log book, verify outstanding and follow up pending. Identify if any special assignment for the day
- Is aware of the daily activities and has product knowledge of all the hotel facilities.
- Follow the grooming standards at all times
- Attend training classes as per schedule
- Show fullest cooperation and respect within the team and other departments
- Perform as per OSM Standards and in line with the Company’s Values and Core Behaviours
- Check equipment and report issues to IT or Engineering
- Handle guest complaints and report to manager
- Show fullest cooperation and respect within the team and other departments.
- Ensure the prompt and efficient handling off all guest luggage on arrival, during stay, departure and the luggage store, as well as ensure safety and security of guest luggage.
- Ensure that all luggage are covered with a baggage claim tag.
- Parking of guests and visitors vehicles in the designated hotel parking area.
- Resolve guests complaints/ requests and liaise with the department concerned to ensure immediately follow up.
- Handle issuance of guest room key cards and ensure effective control for guest security.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the Concierge desk.
- Responsible for the efficient, clean, safe and hygienic maintenance of the Concierge Desk area.
- Responsible for lobby paging services under the supervision of Concierge.
- Practices suggestive selling and able to familiarize guests to hotel facilities.
- Co-ordinates with Front Office to ensure that payment of guest folios is protected at all times, vis–vis scanty baggage procedure & release of guest bags on departure.
- Escorts guests to their rooms. For the first time guests, explain hotel facilities. In the room explain room facilities such as (how lights & TV function, safe, AC, fire exit, etc.)
- Ensure luggage is placed for guest to unpack.
- Ensures that all guests are greeted on arrival & departure of the hotel and escorting each individual to the right direction.
- Provide friendly and courteous service to guest and respond promptly to all requests and inquiries at all time.
- At the end of the shift or the day, he has to communicate all information that the next shift has to know for a well running of the operations.
- Maintain continuous contact with hotel guest to ensure that any problem or complain are handle efficiently and courteously.
- Ensures prompt & efficient message, newspapers, parcels & package deliveries to guests, as per hotel policy.
- Arrange all guest transportation requests including Limousine service, Shuttle Bus and car rental with coordination with our rent a car agent available in the hotel.
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mvenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Handling telephone calls at the Concierge desk.
- File daily concierge desk report and documents systematically under the supervision of Concierge
- Maintains accurate records / documentation, as per operational and organizational requirements.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel’s policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel’s emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel’s commitments to the Environment Charter of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Heartists Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group’s success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet.
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we’re stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.