The Director, Corporate Financing contribute to the growth of BDC Corporate Financing portfolio by sourcing, developing and recommending high quality transactions in accordance with BDC credit policies and risk parameters. The incumbent also acts as a “trusted advisor” to entrepreneurs while delivering outstanding customer relationship. He/she also identifies business sectors with significant growth potential and is innovative and creative in structuring opportunities for the entrepreneur to serve their financial or consulting needs. The incumbent develops and manages account and influencer relationships in order to grow BDC Corporate Financing assets and ensures an excellent risk/return ratio, according to the BDC profitability objectives.
- Act as “trusted advisor” to Corporate Financing customers while delivering outstanding customer service in order to maintain on-going relationships and repeat business with clients.
- Plan and conduct activities that promote BDC financial and consulting services, especially its capacity to handle major loans, and assist business centre management in coordinating business development activities in the regions.
- Build ongoing and sustainable relationships with associations, influencers, financial institutions and others to help BDC achieve its Corporate Financing objectives.
- Keep abreast of the general issues affecting the Corporate Financing business community, including market conditions, industry practices and financial results for existing and potential clients.
- Develop and implement a customer relationship retention/growing strategy to build a long-term profitable loan portfolio with existing and new clients while providing a high level of customer service.
- Develop and execute an individual marketing plan ensuring alignment with the Corporate Financing strategy and portfolio objectives while meeting financial objectives related to the forecasted loss rate, profitability, revenue growth and retention of clients.
- Conduct proper investigation and due diligence activities on all proposals
- Pre-qualify, structure and present to the Corporate Financing Underwriting Group proposals in accordance with BDC policies and procedures, including all appropriate analyses, documentation and excellent risk/return ratio.
- Ability to sell financial services to demanding and sophisticated clients
- Ability to identify business opportunities for entrepreneurs who will benefit from the unique range of BDC services (financing and consulting)
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Highly organized and proactive
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bilingualism an asset
- Bachelor in Commerce or Finance or Business Administration with a major in accounting
- Post Graduate degree in Business and/or CFA designation and/or relevant professional designation an asset
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated strength in business development and client relationship skills
- Analytical business sense and strategic thinking
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, CA
Application Deadline: N/A