Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world’s largest manmade island and archipelago.
This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
The property is set to open in the fourth quarter of 2021.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as Banquet Manager
To manage Banqueting operations to maximize guest satisfaction and department profits
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set periodical Banquets budget & forecast and analyze monthly P&L reports
- Develop and maintain all staff training programs
- Prepare weekly staff schedules keeping in mind anticipated business, operating budgets and standards of service
- To recruit and select Banquet employees
- Ensure proper care, security and maintenance of Banquet equipment through proper supervision of service personnel, including outside contractors
- Assume responsibility for shift supervisory duties on a regular basis, especially with VIP and “at cost” functions
- Coordinate the needs of the Catering department with the managers of interrelated departments
- Inspect Banquet Servers’ work assignments and supervise the standards of all function rooms and adjacent public areas
- Follow established Accounting procedures, e.g. prepare payroll and gratuity reports
- Maintain all public areas to be presentable with specific set-ups at all times
- Maintain the inventory stock of all equipment on and off the property
- Post all contracted function sheets and give instructions to Assistants, Servers and all staff to ensure the success of the function
- Conduct monthly departmental meetings to provide information to the banquet staff, obtain staff feedback, and provide a regular forum for department communication
- Constantly monitor Banquet staff’s appearance, attitude and degree of professionalism
- Implement safety and emergency procedures when necessary
- Consistently follow and implement HACCP policies and procedures
- Manage organization and cleanliness of departmental areas by conducting weekly walk through with Hygiene Manager, Housekeeping and Engineering Department
- Assist F&B Outlets in their operations during peak times as needed
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Experienced in all aspects of banquet service, especially in local function styles
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and training skills; sound human resources management capabilities to motivate employees to work as a team
- Strong multi-tasking skills, attention to detail, self-discipline, initiative
- College education, hotel or business administration degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years in similar role in the hotel industry