This position provides supply receipt, delivery and inventory management services to an assigned area or department of the medical center or facility.
- Monitors usage, creates utilization reports, consults with clinical supply liaison or appropriate department staff, recommends changes to inventory and par levels.
- Works independently under regular supervision. Follows defined procedures and guidelines. Makes decisions about inventory levels. Represents the interests of the organization when interfacing with vendors.
- Assists with the procurement of special supply needs and may assist assigned department with the procurement of equipment.
- Takes a daily inventory of assigned supply storage area and/or clinical department supplies (Par Carts), requisitions and restocks supplies to par levels. Rotates stock and maintains a clean and orderly storage area in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Acts as a knowledge resource for clinical or other related staff in the area of supply methods and goods.
- Previous experience working with medical supplies or food supplies (as applicable) and/or hospital services is strongly preferred and may be required for some work assignments.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
- An understanding of inventory management tasks and the ability to work effectively with a computer based inventory management system.
- Requires accurate data entry and keyboarding skills, the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, the ability to read and interpret supply requisitions and equipment directions.
- Must have demonstrated effective customer service skills. Positions in Food Service area must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required.
Company: Banner Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A