This position is responsible for providing basic building maintenance preventative and corrective work to the facility. Building maintenance activities include but are not limited to general fire alarm systems, beds, TV’s, plumbing, medical gas outlets, nurse call, pneumatic tube system, elevators, furniture, fixtures and equipment. Works with and assists other trades in completing required tasks. In some locations may have responsibility for other duties which might include security, groundskeeping and snow removal.
- Provides first line of response to facility maintenance needs to assure maximum operational effectiveness of the facility. Provides all required and appropriate documentation.
- Works with all other divisions and departments to meet the facility maintenance, installation and construction needs, as assigned. Recommends use of outside maintenance specialty contractors as appropriate. Oversees and monitors outside maintenance specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards.
- Maintains records for facility compliance with all applicable authorities having jurisdiction including, local, state, federal and all other regulatory codes pertaining to any and all components of the facility maintenance systems. As required, attends annual code compliance and update training.
- Maintains maintenance components, materials and supplies at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Provides building maintenance input and feedback to the designated manager.
- Maintains, repairs, and corrects all building components as assigned which may include but are not limited to general fire alarm systems, beds, TV’s, plumbing, medical gas outlets, nurse call pneumatic tube system, elevators, furniture, fixtures and equipment. Keeps the designated manager informed as to the needs and / or changes required to keep the facility operating in a safe and well maintained condition.
- Monitors maintenance repair work, alterations and renovation upgrades to the facility, as assigned. Works with construction installation activities and processes to ensure the integrity of established facility standards, as requested.
- Requires two or more years of diversified work experience as a maintenance technician with demonstrated maintenance or related skills. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with maintenance equipment. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Company: Banner Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A